decorating for halloween

View previous topic View next topic Go down

decorating for halloween

Post  pixiepurls on Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:50 pm

Okay so I've always wanted to decorate and do things to the yard and inside the house for halloween. I have a design degree and I am VERY picky about how things look. Also with how young BG is, she could break thing and eat things. I would like to get "started" on halloween decorations meaning each year I can add to it a bit. I'm not sure what to get to start with as a base? Some sort of lights? I'm not into spiderwebs or bugs. I like things that light up, and pumpkins.

Ideas? Suggestions?

pixiepurls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: decorating for halloween

Post  studiotamar on Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:15 am

I am so glad you asked because my husband loves Halloween and festivity, but I've never really decorated for it so I have no idea what to do! Like you, I'm a bit picky - I did walk by an all-Halloween store (???) yesterday but everything in there was, um, not so much my taste. I'm thinking pumpkins and those funny-shaped gourds and some window cut-outs - maybe something like this? There is also this type of paper (which I think could be used for any holiday). It would be cool to have something non-kitschy but still Halloween-y to put on the door, too.
studiotamar

View user profile http://www.studiotamar.com

Back to top Go down

Post  floatingworld on Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:42 pm

Hi there,
We don't do Halloween in Australia, which is kind of a shame as the decorations look great and I'm sure I would have loved the dress-up part as a kid.
BUT for those of you in Halloween-celebrating-countries The Small Object has some really cool Halloween craft ideas here.
floatingworld

View user profile http://floatingworld.typepad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top