So how much do you spend on baby clothes??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So how much do you spend on baby clothes??

Post  kat on Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:03 am

While I was pregnant I didn't buy all that much clothing-wise for Jake - we also received a lot of newborn stuff from family and clothes didn't really get fun until around the 3-4 month mark anyway. But after that I discovered just HOW much fun it is to buy baby clothes since you don't have to try them on, babies ALWAYS look cute in what they wear, and they are just so tiny....

I think the most expensive item of clothing we bought was a Mambo swimsuit in Australia that cost $50 - we (both Darin and I) didn't even hesitate because it was JUST.SO.CUTE. We justified the purchase by buying the 2 year old size saying that he'd get two years wear out of it anyway.

So how much do you spend on baby clothes? I actually don't want to calculate what I spend on Jake's clothes, but lately I've only been buying BIG sizes like for 2 or 3 year olds and I find that the difference between a one year old size and a two year old size is usually only a couple of centimetres at the bottom and boys wear stuff baggy anyway....right??
kat
Admin

View user profile http://www.pinkurocks.com

Back to top Go down

They wear things again...

Post  putyourflareon on Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:24 am

I always had to buy the next size up for Maximilien. He was a big baby when he was born and wore 3 month clothes right away. I noticed around 13 months he was starting to slim down and when started to walk at 14 months he really slimmed down and was able to wear clothes again that were too tight for him before because of his belly and thighs. At 12 month he was wearing 18 month pants which were a little too long for him I just rolled them up but fitted him perfect int he waist, then he out grew those but now that he's walking and more svelte, he is wearing 18 month old pants again and the length is perfect. So, keep buying up. You do get more wear out of the clothes.

I try to buy good quality clothes because I know I will have another baby someday soon. I usually buy things in the US and plan ahead. Since I buy one size up, I usually can gusstimate what he'll be wearing in the coming seasons. I like baby gap pants, they fit Max well and he gets a lot of wear out of them. We don't buy too much because we are limited on space in our small apt. Since I do cloth diaper loads regularly, the machine is turning so I wash his clothes too. Usually a months worth of clothes can go in one load for us.
putyourflareon

View user profile http://www.putyourflareon.blogs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: So how much do you spend on baby clothes??

Post  pnksweater on Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:27 pm

I try really hard to shop for Olive only on the sale rack. If you time it right you can hit up all the high end baby shops and pick up a new wardrobe for five or six USD a pop. A regular scouring of consignment and thrift stores turns up some pretty sweet stuff, too. However, I am a sucker for the indie onesie. And don't get me started on etsy. The most cash I drop, however, is for yarn. Olive has a sweater vest in the mix made from local spinsters spin cycle. Two skeins alone cost an astounding 60 USD. Of course I sized it up, but at the rate she's growing, who knows how long it will last.
pnksweater

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So how much do you spend on baby clothes??

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top