Wooden toys

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wooden toys

Post  kat on Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:48 pm

So in the last month or so, I've become a bit obsessed with wooden toys. They are BIG in Japan, which is good, but it also fuels me to buy more......even though I've only really purchased three so far. Do you ever think we sometimes buy more for ourselves than for our kids since they seemed more interested in the boxes the toys come in?? Ha! I figure if our house is full of toys then I'd rather them be beautifully made, safe wooden toys.

I really like Oompa toys even though I haven't actually purchased anything from there yet. Although I'm considering getting Jake the Haba Walker Wagon for his 1st birthday. It looks really well made.

So far I've bought a couple of Plan toys. Other brands that are popular here in Japan are the German brand, Haba and Bornelund - a Japanese brand that imports brands such as Joy Toy, Manhattan Toy and Polish brand, Bajo - and also produces its own toys.

I just bought a second-hand looping toy off Yahoo Auction (Japan's equivalent of Ebay) for $5. He loves playing with the ones at the department store so I hope he likes this one even though it was cheap anyway.

So what toys have you bought for your little one???
kat
Admin

View user profile http://www.pinkurocks.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Wooden toys

Post  putyourflareon on Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:15 am

We have a Haba toy. It's a noise maker/rattle and Max STILL love this thing. We keep it in the car and he plays with it during the entire car ride. Haba toys are very well made. Max has played with that push toy you are talking about it and it is well made and can be used later when he's older and into picking things up and pushing them around.

We don't buy exclusively wooden toys but I try to buy toys that make sense and that we would want to use for our next child. Max's favorite toy of the moment is this cow that sings and teaches to count from VTec. I had bought for him when he was 9 months when we went to the US and then he liked to push the buttons and cuddle it. Now, at 16 months, he still sleeps with it but now he really plays well with it. Pushing the buttons, clapping to the songs, playing the games. In the mornings it has afforded up another 30 minutes of sleep which as you know can be a luxury. In France the cow is called Eglantine La Vache Caline. But I am sure it exists in other markets... so cute.
putyourflareon

View user profile http://www.putyourflareon.blogs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kat on Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:58 pm

That cow looks great! Jake has also just discovered pushing buttons and cracks himself up when he manages to do it!! After his bath every night I let him turn off the light - as soon as I say 'do you want to turn off the light?' - he lifts up his arms to be taken out of the bath - so cute!

We also do not buy exclusively wooden toys - who has the money for that!! Actually Jake's play area looks like a secondhand shop!! Some of his favourite toys are an old apple computer keyboard and our old CD/tape player - he bangs the handle, pulls up on it etc. He also loves empty drink bottles and other things that are NOT actually toys. He also loves the simple toys like rubber duckys!!
kat
Admin

View user profile http://www.pinkurocks.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top