Alone time?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alone time?

Post  dumplingrrl on Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:57 am

Are you getting any? What do you do during that time?

I have a bit of time to myself at the end of the day when Mari's gone to bed. Maybe from 7-ish to 10 PM. I try to sneak some crafting in like knitting in front of the TV, or some quick sewing, but too often I wind up mindlessly surfing the net. It helps me to relax though. If I'm good and drag my crafting gear out I'm usually able to get a small project finished in a night or two and maybe a bigger project over a week.

Also since the beginning of this month I've asked my mom to baby sit Mari for a few hours while I go to Yoga class and grab lunch by myself. It's such a treat to eat out and people watch with no baby yodeling to get your straw! It's even fun to be traveling alone on the train, just listening to my i-pod and looking around. Although as soon as I spot a baby out with her parents I miss Mari sooo much. And that's what makes coming home to her huge smile so good.

How about you ?
dumplingrrl

View user profile http://pinngurl.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Alone time?

Post  kat on Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:20 pm

Well I'm torn with this post because I'm a working mum which means that I have eight hours a day away from Jake (9am to 5pm). Luckily up until a few weeks ago I was only working 3 or 4 days a week but last week was my first five day week in over a year.

I guess that qualifies as A LOT of alone time but it's not totally 'me' time if you know what I mean. I have to be at work and it's not like I can go for a pedicure or anything. I'm also usually so tired that I can't even knit on the train to work (although I did this morning - yay - but I had to undo a mistake - no yay..).

I must say though I do get a lot of quiet time since I'm back at work and I savour my lunchbreaks - I usually go to the gym and this is totally ME time - it's SO nice to work out really hard again if only for 20 to 30 minutes....I also savour the shower afterwards and blowdrying my hair and putting on make-up!! Every now and again I skip the exercise - ha! - and just go and sit in the massage chair and then have a leisurely shower...it feels so decadent.

At least once a week Darin brings J to work and I have lunch with them and feed Jake which I always love too.

The downside to having a SAHH though is that he's worn out ALL the time, which means as soon as I get home from work I'm also doing the full-time mum thing (which I love of course). So this week we've hired a babysitter for the first time so he can have a break. He's going to be in the house while she's there for the first few times so J can get to know her first before we leave him alone with her.

Oh and Pinn I also get the 7pm to 10pm stretch at night that is sometimes shorter or sometimes a little longer - just depends...I also usually surf the internet but since I'm at work all day where I can do that I instead usually watch some braindead tv and we all try and be in bed by 10pm. Oh how times have changed!!

One more thing - Pinn you look absolutely fabulous in your flickr pics!!!! Being back in Thailand suits you. I'm still not down to my pre-preggo weight but I'm getting closer. My goal is to fit back into my pre preggo jeans by the time it gets cool!!!!
kat
Admin

View user profile http://www.pinkurocks.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dumplingrrl on Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:16 pm

Thanks so much Kat! I agree that being back in Thailand seems to agree with me, but it could also be because I'm not out drinking beer at karaokes until the 5 AM train starts anymore. Yes, times really have changed.

A lunch time massage plus shower sounds absolutely fabulous. And after having a baby any exercise time I can squeeze in makes me feel so much better. I'm so jealous of you SAHH though, I wish the Mr. has more time to spend with Mari.
dumplingrrl

View user profile http://pinngurl.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top