Stroller reviews - Maclaren Techno XLR vs Peg Perego Pliko P3 (2007) Revi Orange

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stroller reviews - Maclaren Techno XLR vs Peg Perego Pliko P3 (2007) Revi Orange

Post  kat on Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:34 pm

We have both a Maclaren Techno XLR in navy blue and a Peg Perego Pliko P3 (2007) in Revi Orange, but we are going to sell the Maclaren. Not because it's not a nice stroller but because we have three right now and we use the Maclaren the least. I mainly bought the Peg because of all of the great reviews from friends and family...and the super cute colour (if you like bright orange and polka dots - yes!!). I was surprised (by myself) but the colour is actually really important to me.

This stroller is in the same weight/size class as the Maclaren Technos. They are very similar in that sense, but the Pegs are much more stylish (in my opinion) and more versatile.

BTW, the other stoller we own is a three wheeler with pump up tyres - this is the daddy stroller and daddy loves it. I also think they are unbeatable if you are doing a lot of park/cross country walking/strolling.

Maclaren Pros

* Great for tall parents - I'm pretty sure this has the tallest adjustable handle bars out there
* easy to fold and open
* high quality fabrics (it smells expensive), great quality harness and good extendable hood
* comes with a rain cover
* steers wonderfully and even the one-handed steer is not impossible
* reclines pretty much flat and could be used from birth (maybe with the addition of a lovely lambskin)

Maclaren Cons

* Crap squeeky wheels or maybe I was just unlucky, but from what I see on the web this is a common problem
* basket is small and pretty much inaccessible
* BORING, BORING colours
* a little pricey, but will probably last you a long time

Peg Pros

* stylish design with lots of different colour combinations
* better tyres than the Maclaren - no squeaking
* basket is bigger and much more accessible than the Maclaren
* more versatile with a step in back for a second child (btw we saw a family with three kids somehow fit all three kids in their peg the other day - not sure if it is safe but they did it - two in front and one in back!!)
* removable front kid tray (jake loves to hold onto this)
* great removable hood that pulls right down to the front bar
* stands up independently BUT if the tyres aren't in the right position you have to adjust them which can be a pain

Peg Cons

* weird straps that just hook onto the back of the seat - doesn't seem safe for a small baby but is fine for us since jake just usually wears the bottom of the harness and not the shoulders since he loves to sit up now
* i have a feeling it's not as easy to steer as the Maclaren
* this could be a pro or a con but it is very difficult to lift the front wheels of the stroller to go up bigger bumps (safer?)
* sometimes difficult to open
* handlebars don't go as high as the Maclaren
* doesn't come with a rain cover
kat
Admin

View user profile http://www.pinkurocks.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top